John F. Elwood
John F. Elwood was born in Hazleton, Pennsylvania and grew up in Houston, Texas. He has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1999. Mr. Elwood is a member of the State Bar of Texas and is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of Texas.
Mr. Elwood’s practice focuses on civil trials and litigation in the areas of commercial transportation accidents, catastrophic injury and wrongful death, construction defects and accidents, business disputes, and motor vehicle accidents.
PREPARATORY AND LEGAL EDUCATION:
• University of Houston, B.A., 1985
• University of Houston, J.D., 1988
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER HONORS:
• Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
• State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
• Certified Mediator
• Co-Author, Maximizing and Minimizing Damages, State Bar of Texas, Prosecuting or Defending a Trucking or Auto Accident Case, November 2010.
• Co-Author, Loading Shifts: Loading and Unloading Cases, State Bar of Texas, Prosecuting or Defending a Trucking or Auto Accident Case, September 2007.